:: Your Dog is Your Responsibility
Your Dog is Your Responsibility
||PO Box 1787
YOUR DOG IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
Owning a dog is a responsibility that should not be taken lightly. Responsible Dog ownership means:
Register your dog each year. Registration runs from 1st July to 31st of August the following year. Once registered, ensure that your dog wears a collar with a name tag and registration disc attached. Failure to display your dog’s registration disc will result in a fine.
- When exercising your dog in public, keep it under control on a lead held by a capable person. In designated off-leash areas you must be able to control your dog by way of voice command. Be sure to check the signage to see whether dog off-leash times or conditions have changed. Penalties apply if dogs are off leash outside of these times.
- Carry a doggy bag when walking your dog. Make sure you pick up your dog’s faeces, carry it with you and dispose of it responsibly. Otherwise, fines may apply.
- Do not leave your dog unattended in a public place.
- Keep your dog in your yard by providing a suitable enclosure.
- Respect your neighbours. If your dog continually barks, find out why and learn how to change its behaviour. Excessive barking may result in costly legal action.
- Vaccinate and worm your dog.
Remember – Look after your furry mates and they will look after you
Chief Executive Officer