nbn TM network construction in Port Lincoln
The nbn™network is Australia’s new fast and reliable landline phone and internet network. It’s designed to connect Australians to each other, and connect Australia to the world.1
Construction of the nbn™ network has now been completed in parts of Port Lincoln to connect more than 7,500 premises to the nbn™ fixed line network from late August 2017.
The nbn™ construction partners have moved progressively through Port Lincoln with works consisting of:
- Installing cable through existing underground pipes or on existing overhead power poles.
- Digging and/or drilling on public property such as under footpaths or on nature strips.
- Installing pits, similar to the telecommunications pits you may already see in your area and new nbn cabinets and equipment.
The nbn™ network is so much more than fast internet. It’s a state of the art communications network, which opens up a world of possibilities across areas such as education, business and entertainment, and gives you the opportunity to be more productive, more creative, more efficient and more connected for decades to come.
Check out the blog put together by NBN on Boston Bean Coffee Company. This business is doing amazing things with its connectivity.
Homes and businesses in the City of Port Lincoln
If your home or business is on the outskirts of town, in parts of Port Lincoln you may now be able to connect to the nbn™ network via fixed wireless technology. You can check whether you can connect to the nbn™ network at www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address.
The nbn™ fixed wireless network uses advanced technology, commonly referred to as LTE or 4G, and provides wholesale speeds of up to 50Mbps download and up to 20Mbps upload.2 It’s engineered to deliver services to a fixed number of premises within each coverage area. This means that the bandwidth per household is designed to be more consistent than mobile wireless, even in peak times of use.
Currently, the City of Port Lincoln has two live fixed wireless facilities that provide more than 600 homes and businesses with access to the nbn™ network.
- Your experience, including the speeds actually achieved over the nbn™ network, depends on the technology over which services are delivered to your premises and some factors outside our control (like your equipment quality, software, broadband plans and how your service provider designs its network).
- We’re designing the nbn™ network to provide these speeds to our wholesale customers, telephone and internet service providers. End user experience, including the speeds actually achieved over the nbn™ network, depends on the technology over which services are delivered to your premises and some factors outside our control like your equipment quality, software, broadband plans, signal reception and how the end user’s service provider designs its network.
Customer Complaint Number
If you notice any sunken trenches, potforms formed in trenches or any defects that may be a liability or hazard to members of the community contact the NBN Customer Complaint Number or visit website - www.nbnco.com.au.
1800 OUR NBN (1800 687 626)