Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Alert

To keep informed of the current COVID-19 restrictions go to the trusted COVID-19 information for South Australians at and for the latest health alert news at

For the latest updates on Council Services in response to COVID-19 click here.

Dismiss alert

Community Events on the Foreshore

Any person wishing to hold an event on the foreshore is required to obtain the relevant permits and licences and read and complete the Event Safety Risk assessment and Event Management Plan.  Applications must be lodged with Council at least two months prior to the scheduled event.

Late applications may not be approved.

You may also wish to use Council's marquee on the foreshore square, refer to Council's Use of Council Marquee Policy 16.63.6.

If you require a Portable Grandstand, plastic chairs, trestles, waste bins or wire recycling cages you will need to complete the Equipment Hire Application 6-6-T2 and return to Council with your completed Community Event Permit Application.

Please note: Equipment Hire is only available to government agencies, charitable (not-for profit) organisations, schools and community groups. Hire is NOT available to businesses or private persons. Equipment is only for use in the Port Lincoln area.

It is recommended that you get approval of your event first before advertising your event.

How to apply

To apply for a permit to hold an event on the Port Lincoln foreshore you will need to complete the Community Event Permit Application 16-6-T31 form and attach the following documents:

  • a copy of your public liability insurance certificate of currency to the amount of $20 million noting City of Port Lincoln as an interested party;
  • copy of the amusement structure supplier’s certificate of currency (if applicable) showing public liability insurance to the value of at least ten million dollars ($20,000,000) per claim
  • a site plan of your event including marquees, food/drink vans, vehicles, entry/exit points, entertainment and amusement rides.
  • Copy of SafeWork SA - Registered Amusement Structure Certificate (if applicable)

The completed forms can be forwarded to Council with the appropriate fees as set out in Council's Fees and Charges Schedule either by:


By post:

City of Port Lincoln
PO Box 1787

In person:

Level One, Civic Centre, 60 Tasman Terrace

Related information

Community Advertising Policy 2.63.6

Community Events Calendar

Use of Council Logo and Crest Policy 18.63.3

Conditional Dry Zone Exemption Policy 17.63.1

Food Business Notification (FBN) Form

Liquor & Entertainment Venue Licences Policy 3.63.6

Reserve Hire (Property Management) Policy 16.63.4

Special Events & Activities on Council Land

Need more information

If you have any questions regarding community events and activities or need assistance with the forms, please contact:

City of Port Lincoln
Corporate Services Team
9.00am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
Phone: 8621 2300