Draft Annual Business Plan 2020/2021 for public consultation
The City of Port Lincoln released its Draft Annual Business Plan 2020/2021 for public comment from Thursday 18 June to Wednesday 22 July 2020 to assist Council in determining the priorities for the coming financial year.
The Draft Annual Business Plan 2020/2021 was made available for viewing and to download from Council's website. Hardcopies of the Draft Plan were also made available at the Council Administration Office and Port Lincoln Library between Thursday 18 June to 5pm on Wednesday 22 July 2020.
Planning already undertaken for 2020/2021 has identified a number of significant projects:
- Continued works toward the refurbishment of Arteyrea $280,000 (2020/2021);
- Land Purchase on Jubilee Drive $360,000;
- Commence Civic Centre Project Development $150,000;
- Road Reseal works of $750,000 per year, and planned to continue over the next ten year period;
- Completion of Parnkalla Trail Wharf Precinct $410,000 (2020/2021); and
- Stormwater Works $500,000.
The proposed projects, programs and services in the Draft Annual Business Plan are to be funded through a combination of revenue sources totaling $21.4 million, includes:
- Total rate revenue of $15,156,094 which equates to 70% of the total income. It is a proposed increase of 1%, which is inclusive of the rate in the dollar and fixed charge components. When applied across all rateable properties including new assessments, the average increase is 0.8% per assessment.
- Grants totalling $2,286,788 which makes up 11% of the total operating income; and
- The remaining 19% of the operating income includes Statutory Charges, Investment Income, Reimbursements and Other Income sources.
Have Your Say
Online survey and written submissions on the Draft Plan closed at 5pm on Wednesday 22 July 2020.
The public also had the opportunity to make a verbal submission at a public meeting held on Monday 20 July 2020 before the Ordinary Council meeting in the Port Lincoln Council Chambers at 6.30pm.
Further information on Council's Annual Business Plan can be directed to Council's Manager Corporate and Financial Services, Bonnie Cole by phoning the Council Office on 8621 2300 or email to email@example.com.