Port Lincoln Leisure Centre Project
The Leisure Centre Stadium Expansion project is in its second and final stage of the $9.41million redevelopment, which is being jointly funded by the Australian Government and Council.
The design of the expansion of the Sports Stadium includes:
- construction of one new indoor sports show court with space for spectator seating;
- construction on an outdoor basketball shooting court;
- construction of three new squash courts with moveable intermediate walls, space for spectator seating and adjacent breakout space;
- installation of new lift servies to provide access to upper level of stadium and entry;
- refurbishment of existing stadium facilities including change rooms;
- construction of a children's play court adjacent the Kiosk; and
- construction of external works including landscaping and improved parking facilities.
The current project site is currently closed due to head contractor Unique Urban Built Pty Ltd going into liquidation. Council is working towards taking over the project from Unique Urban Built Pty Ltd as considers this the best outcome for the community in order to complete the project.
Council aims to reopen the project site as soon as possible in May 2019 under the supervision of an appointed Project Manager. Updated program information will be released in the coming weeks.
Any questions or concerns in relation to the Leisure Centre Stadium Expansion Project can be directed to Council's Chief Executive Officer, Stephen Rufus on 8621 2300 or email email@example.com.