Port Lincoln Leisure Centre Project
The Leisure Centre Stadium Expansion project is in its second and final stage of the $9.41million redevelopment, which is being jointly funded by the Australian Government and Council.
The design of the expansion of the Sports Stadium includes:
- construction of one new indoor sports show court with space for spectator seating;
- construction on an outdoor basketball shooting court;
- construction of three new squash courts with moveable intermediate walls, space for spectator seating and adjacent breakout space;
- installation of new lift services to provide access to upper level of stadium and entry;
- refurbishment of existing stadium facilities including change rooms;
- construction of a children's play court adjacent the Kiosk; and
- construction of external works including landscaping and improved parking facilities.
Works were halted on site on 25 March 2019 due to the head building contractor being placed into liquidation. Council resolved to take over the management of the project and works recommenced on site in May 2019. Council and all sub-contractors have been working closely together to ensure that works are progressing according to a revised project schedule and the anticipated completion date for the expansion works is early December 2019.
Any questions or concerns in relation to the Leisure Centre Stadium Expansion Project can be directed to Council's Chief Executive Officer, Stephen Rufus on 8621 2300 or email email@example.com.