At approximately 4pm on 11 November 2019 a fire broke out in the Duck Ponds area near Woods Road. This page is to keep affected residents informed on the recovery efforts and provide contacts to key information and resources.
Council would like to thank all of the emergency services responders and Council staff who offered assistance both on the ground and through an administrative role during the fire. Thank you to the personal fire units and all neighbours and friends who also provided assistance through the time of the fire and in the following days.
Now that the fire has been declared as no longer posing a threat to residents and the transition from response to recovery has commenced, Local Government will be playing a lead role in the recovery arrangements. The CFS will continue to monitor and patrol the area however if residents see anything of concern, please ring 000.
While the fire affected two Council areas, members of the District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula and the City of Port Lincoln have formed a team to lead recovery efforts and provide support to affected property owners in a coordinated and collaborative approach.
To assist residents in accessing information from Council, the Councils have jointly appointed a Bushfire Liaison Officer, Shane Rigden, who can be contacted on 0412 697 011.
- Council Contact: Shane Rigden - 0412 697 011
- Port Lincoln Resource Recovery Centre: 8682 3860
- Native Vegetation Clearance: www.environment.sa.gov.au/topics/native-vegetation/clearing
- Regional Access: ph: 1300 032 186 or sa.regionalaccess.org.au
- Mentally Fit EP: Facebook page
- West Coast Youth and Community Support: 8683 0072
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 13 25 85
- CFS: www.cfs.sa.gov.au/site/home.jsp
- Emergency: 000
- SES: www.ses.sa.gov.au/site/home.jsp