Council aims to achieve advantageous outcomes in procurement of goods, services and works and by:
- Enhancing value for money through fair, competitive, non-discriminatory processes;
- Promoting the use of resources in an efficient, effective and ethical manner;
- Making decisions with probity, accountability & transparency;
- Advancing and/or working within Council’s economic, social and environmental policies;
- Providing reasonable opportunities for competitive local businesses to supply to Council;
- Appropriately managing risk; and
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
All Procurement activities undertaken by or on behalf of Council are required to comply with Council's Procurement Policy 7.63.15.