Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Alert

To keep informed of the current COVID-19 restrictions go to the trusted COVID-19 information for South Australians at and for the latest health alert news at

For the latest updates on Council Services in response to COVID-19 click here.

Dismiss alert

Special Events and Activities on Council Land

Certain activities and events to be held on Local Government Land (Port Lincoln Foreshore events refer above) or Roads requires a person to obtain the relevant permits and licences.  Applications must be lodged with Council at least two weeks prior to the scheduled event.

For activities requiring permission from Council please refer to the relevant Council By-lawsLocal Government Land By-law No.4 of 2018 and Roads By-law No.3 of 2018.

It is also recommended that you read Council's Fundraising Activity on Local Government Land and Roads Policy 9.63.23.

How to apply

To apply for any of the following permits relating to your activity or event you will need to complete and forward to Council the relevant forms and any requested documents with the fees payable as per Council's Fees and Charges Schedule.

Special Event Permit Application - Private Functions in Council Parks, Land or Reserves 16-6-T6

Special Event Permit Application - Street Stalls 2-9-T3 (to ensure you meet food safety requirements please click here)

Special Event Permit Application - Busking 2-9-T2

Special Event Permit Application - Foreshore Banners & Entrance Way Signs Application 2-9-T5

The completed forms can be forwarded to Council either by:


By post: 

City of Port Lincoln
PO Box 1787

In person:

Level One, Civic Centre, 60 Tasman Terrace

Related information

Community Advertising Policy 2.63.6

Community Events Calendar

Community Events on the Foreshore

Use of Council Logo and Crest Policy 18.63.3

Conditional Dry Zone Exemption Policy 17.63.1

Food Business Notification (FBN) form

Liquor & Entertainment Venue Licences Policy 3.63.6

Reserve Hire (Property Management) Policy 16.63.4

Need more information

If you have any questions regarding community events and activities or need assistance with the forms, please contact:

City of Port Lincoln
Corporate Services Team
9.00am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
Phone: 8621 2300