City of Port Lincoln is committed to being an Employer of Choice offering above Industry standard wages and salaries, flexible working arrangements to support a great work/ life balance, training and promotional opportunities, a supportive and friendly team environment and offers additional benefits to its employees.
Council is also an Equal Employment Opportunity workplace and prides itself in providing a workplace free of discrimination where each person can progress to the extent of their ability as opportunities arise.
Port Lincoln itself is located in a pristine environment, with a magnificent coastline that offers plenty to do and see for the whole family.
The preferred option for submitting your application is via email, however written or hard-copy applications are acceptable.
All applications are accepted in confidence.
Preparing your application
The Position Description outlines the skills, knowledge, qualifications and/or licences required and the key objectives and responsibilities of the role.
You are required to submit a cover letter addressing your experience and knowledge of the key objectives, along with the essential and highly regarded requirements contained in the position qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills section of the position description. Ideally, your cover letter should be no more than one to two pages in length. Your cover letter should also illustrate what you have to offer. We want to know why you are interested in the position and the reasons why we should hire you.
In addition to the information provided in your cover letter, you must provide a current Resume or Curriculum Vitae outlining your employment history, including the basic duties performed at each position, your education and qualifications.
Your resume or curriculum vitae must provide the contact details for TWO recent business referees including, where possible, your current or most recent supervisor. The supply of referees’ names is confirmation of your permission to contact the named persons. Referees may be contacted to determine if you will be shortlisted for an interview. Written references are not required.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection panel consisting of 2 or more people, assessing your skills, knowledge and qualifications against the Selection Criteria and requirements of the role.
Successful shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone and arrangements made for an interview. Applicants unsuccessful in obtaining an interview will be notified in writing.
The selection panel (normally comprising of 2-3 people) will meet with you and ask a set series of questions that each candidate will be asked. The questions will include the following categories:
- Behavioural - How you have handled situations in the past
- Situational - How you plan to handle a particular situation or part of the job you are applying for
- Exploratory - To explore responses to particular questions
If you are called for an interview, you may be asked to bring evidence of your qualifications and copies of written work you have genuinely prepared yourself when you held another position. You may also be asked for evidence of your skills, e.g. use of IT programs and equipment.
Notification of Appointment
A verbal offer is made to the preferred applicant, followed by a written offer. Unsuccessful interviewees will then be advised.
Applicants are welcome to obtain feedback on their application by contacting Council's People and Culture Officer on 8621 2313 or emailing any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Port Lincoln is an Employer of Choice, Equal Opportunity Employer and a Smoke Free Workplace.
We are committed to providing:
- Above Industry standard wages and salaries.
- Flexible working arrangement to support a great work / life balance, such as TOIL and Rostered Days Off (RDO's).
- Additional leave options including, long service leave prorate after 5 years.
- Salary sacrificing available for Superannuation contributions, vehicles and laptops.
- Additional superannuation contributions of 3% above superannuation guarantee.
- Training and promotional opportunities.
- Paid parental leave allowance.
- Recognition of employee achievements including employee recognition scheme.
- Supportive and friendly team environment.
- Voluntary Healthy Lifestyle program which includes annual skin checks and flu vaccinations.
- Located in a pristine environment, with a magnificent coastline that offers plenty to do and see for the whole family.
Subject to Council’s current Industrial Agreements and Council Policy
For current employment opportunities within South Australian Council's visit Careers in Local Government.